Welcome message from our Interim CEO
I’m delighted to have the opportunity to lead Indesser, as Interim CEO, from 1st March. Having worked as part of the Indesser team for the last three years and prior to that in senior roles within TDX Group for almost 10 years. I’ve seen first-hand the power of harnessing data and analytics to collect debt responsibly, fairly and efficiently.
Over the last few months I have been working with Rhona, the Indesser Board, our clients, partners and government stakeholders on a smooth handover and I know I can count on the support of the Indesser board and team.
I would like to thank all of those who have supported the transition and I look forward to leading the Indesser team as we continue to ensure our government partners are able to make use of the best available data, technology and analytics, as well as benefit from the incredible depth of expertise in debt recovery across Indesser and TDX Group.
Over the last 12 months, we have fostered a fantastic team spirit here at Indesser, as a result of close collaboration with our clients, partners and suppliers, who have all risen to the challenge of recovering public sector debt fairly, responsibly and effectively during a global pandemic.
As Lord Agnew said in Indesser’s 2020 Annual Review ‘The impact of the pandemic on the finances of households, businesses and also the Exchequer means a fair approach to debt collection is more important than ever.’ Working in partnership with the government we will support the country's COVID-19 recovery.
This year, Indesser turns six years old and we can be proud of many extraordinary achievements:
- The partnership with the Cabinet Office has now collected over £2.3bn for the government
- We’re now working with 56 government clients and we looking forward to continuing to deliver a robust and proven service to them
- We have developed a number Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to ensure social value is intrinsically built in to the Indesser business
- We have led the way in fair and effective public sector debt recovery, hosting a series of workshops, blogs and live events focusing on vulnerability best practice
- We have played an active role in the Government's Fairness Group collaboration to improve debt collection practices across the public sector
- We have continued to develop our own communications with customers in debt, part of a programme which won Transformation Programme of the Year at the Vulnerability Awareness Conference Gala in 2020
I’m a passionate advocate of the joint venture and working in partnership to deliver for our clients. I strongly believe we are in a good position to help the government as it faces huge challenges and rising levels of debt.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish Rhona good luck with her maternity leave, and share our warm wishes as she takes on a new personal challenge!